Ten Late Night Scribbles | Poetry



1.38am
i can't burden you with this
you're so happy and
i'm so sad
i can't breathe.

/ /


3.56am
i feel so incomplete
and i don't know how to be me
without you
and i hate it.

/ / 

12.10am
i miss your laugh.

/ / 

7.11am
i rolled over this morning to tell you about my dream.
instead i clutched at the empty space where you should be.

/ / 

2.17am
i passed a stranger in the street today
and they smelled like you.
it made me feel safe.

/ /

6.03am
i'm stuck in an endless loop
and i can't
get out.

/ / 

1.32am
no matter how many i had
those shots didn't stop tasting of you.

/ /

5.43am
i can feel my insides begin to splinter.

/ / 

4.29am
remember how we both needed to sleep on the same side of the bed?
well, i'd swap over to the other side if you would just come back
and be with me.

/ / 

1.20am
i know he isn't you 
but god
i wish he was.