University | Year 3 | Term 2


Here it is, my last ever term 2 review! Term 2 kicked off as every January at university does; with exams. Thankfully, they were over before we knew it and the celebrating could begin. Over the new year I said goodbye to two of my best friends as they were leaving to go travelling to Australia for the next year or so and as the term progressed I realised how much they were with me last year during term 2! 


On a small footnote, my housemates and I made a a house finsta account to document all of our silly antics from the past and the evening where we made it is such a fond, funny memory! With the short dark days, my housemates and I found ourselves taking advantage of cinema offers (with the student app 'Hold' that rewarded you for revising!) and saw the Disney movie Coco.


If we didn't go to the cinema in town, we would go to the campus cinema which was just as cheap and had fairly recent films along with doing themed evenings every now and then. A themed evening that my housemates and I went along to was for the movie 'The Room'. If you haven't heard of it or seen it, then honestly I'm not surprised. It's an awful movie but that is what makes it so great. Plus it was an interactive experience, with rules for shouting along to the movie and spoons being thrown about in abundance. 


The end of January felt a little like a slog so in true escapism style myself and two friends booked a holiday to Prague for June which gave us all something to look forward to just after summer exams. As we did every year, my housemates and I did our yearly predictions. Looking back on what we wished for the past year and planning for the next year is always exciting to see what happened and what didn't! 


February for a short month was a fairly busy one. It began with a visit to Hampshire as one of my school friends had been living in China for months and had come home for a few weeks so we had a well deserved catch up. Soon after it was galentines/valentines day and a couple of my housemates and I went out for dinner, came home and made pancakes and had a very self indulgent day! 


As part of the Raise and Give Society an event came up called 'First Dates' based off of the tv show, where people could sign up, fill out a form and we would match them with someone suitable. My housemate seemed really keen to apply so after a a few weeks and one match later, she had a date. In true style of my housemates we decided we would go on the date with her...but undercover. We all dressed up in long trench coats, hats and took along oversized newspapers and magazines. Our waitress found our situation hilarious and actually moved us to a better table so we could spy (with permission of our housemate!) on her better. 



The first of March gave us a freak snow storm and a few days off of university as the area was hit particularly hard. It was really fun to walk around campus where everyone was having fun by sledging down the steep hills, getting drinks from the student pub and ignoring any work we had. We saw a group of students borrow some desks from the library and use them surf style down the hills. 



Very randomly but my house decided to have a a mini Easter egg hunt inside the house. We got another friend to hide the treats around the house and then ran around like children to find them. It was a lot of fun, I won and it brought out all of our inner children!


As an early birthday celebration for our friend, my housemate and I took him on a mini road trip to Torbay where we all dressed up as pirates to play pirate mini golf and then have a fancy meal. The very next day I went off to London because myself and my housemate were seeing 30 Seconds To Mars perform that evening with a couple of her friends from home. It was an amazing concert and one I had been waiting years to see as I have been a fan for the past decade. 



From London we went straight to Bristol to meet another housemate as that evening we were seeing The Wombats! A band I only got into during university due to my housemate and really loved their fun, summer vibe. It was a load of fun with balloons and a wombat costume on stage. A couple of days later my housemate and I went back up to London to see the west end show, Hamilton. I bought the tickets over a year ago and we had waited and waited for the day to roll around and it was finally here. The show lived up to all the hype and more, I left completely obsessed and playing the soundtrack over and over. 



After this whirlwind week, I went home for the break but not before going back up to London for what turned out to be one of the greatest nights of my life. My housemate, her cousin and I went to see Harry Styles Live on Tour which you can read about here. We actually ended up getting barricade for part of the show, got to hold his hand and interact with him a little. It was magical!




All in all, this term was really great. It was full of small moments which have become fond memories and reminded me how easy it is to make the most of everyday. The huge events that I have waited and looked forward to made them feel even more special. Term 2 was insanely good to me and hopefully term 3 will be just as memorable. 

No comments