A Year In Review | 2015



2015 was a year I know I will look back on in 5 years, 10 years- hell even 50 years time as one of the best times of my life.

It will always be tied to education first and foremost. It was the year I finished college with top grades, something I pushed myself to do and something I did by myself. I finally realised my self worth and quit a job that was making me miserable. I started a new job that I really liked and realised how important a happy workplace was. I got accepted into my dream university and moved to a different city. I made new friends and reconnected with old ones. I learned how to be an adult, to manage my finances, be (kind of) responsible and to live independently.

I met one of my (now) best friends in real life just after my 20th birthday, in a random city,  to see a boy band that we had bonded over on Twitter. I took chances and said yes. I finally realised if I wanted to do cool, exciting things in this world I was going to have to make it happen myself. Instead of sat wishing I was going to an event I made sure I went. It didn't matter to me whether or not that meant travelling across the country or working extra hard in the holidays to make sure I had enough money to do it, I made sure I did it.

2015 was the year I decided that life was worth living and I was going to live every moment to the fullest. I had spent too long not living, wishing I wasn't living at all and it felt wasted. I ruined two years of my youth, of my defining years, being trapped in my head and I knew I had to make up for lost time.

I did more in the last quarter of the year than I had in the last two years combined and i'm proud of that.

I'm so glad I will have this blog to look back on, whenever that may be, to see a documentation of a part of my life. Sure, not everything on this blog is out in the open nor is it every part of my life. It definitely is a highlight reel of this time in my life but that's okay. I know I will be glad to have a little time capsule of early-twenties Jess, her thoughts and feelings and ideas and hopes and dreams that make up her life as it was in 2015.

I hope this blog continues, or if it doesn't, I hope I still document my life however I choose so I can journey back to certain times in my life with such detail and vividness.

Here's to the future.

No comments