Ultimate | Films




In creating a 'ultimate films' list I quickly realised that my requirements of what made a film an ultimate for me was very different then when I was creating my ultimate songs and books list. All that a film needed to do in order to be on my list was to be one I had watched countless times. Anything that kept capturing my attention in new ways surely meant that these films meant something to me.

I'll be the first to admit there aren't any films on my list that are considered to be in BFI's top 50 classic films of all time or that have been praised by the critics but that isn't important to me. I have seen each of these films countless times and am- to others, annoyingly-able to quote large portions of dialogue. Every film has different qualities to why I keep coming back, maybe its a happy childhood memory, maybe its a line that hit a little too close to home or maybe its as simple as a joke that made me laugh until I cried.

A person's favourite song, book and film reveals a lot about who that person is; it's an insight into their interests, personality and even their morals. These film's are a little insight into who I am.

Little Miss Sunshine
21 Jump Street
The Breakfast Club
Bridget Jones
Easy A
About Time
Harry Potter (Series)
The Perks of Being A Wallflower
To Write Love On Her Arms
It's Kind of a Funny Story
The Truman Show
Love Actually
Dead Poet's Society
The Grinch
The Devil Wears Prada

No comments