Ultimate | Songs

In the wise words of Zane Lowe:

“Sometimes, it just takes one song, it doesn’t take a whole career, it doesn’t take a bunch of albums or incredible shows, just one song can stick with you for life…this songs got me through times good and dark: I put it on, I listen carefully, I get lost in it and it’s still the only song I’ve ever really known of this band properly but I love it so much”.

Zane was able to put into words what I had been trying to say for years but always failed to do so and what’s more, he said it to the same song I had been thinking about: The Middle East- Blood.

So here is a list of songs, of ultimate songs, that for me it doesn’t matter if I don’t know what album it comes from, or even any other song by the artist, all it took was that one song. Many of these artists, I know and love but for some of them, this song is the only one I know. This song. That’s all it took and that’s all it matters. These aren’t favourites; these are ultimate’s.


The Middle East- Blood
Ed Sheeran- Give Me Love
Vancouver Sleep Clinic- Rebirth
Lights and Motion- Particle Storm
Jose Gonzales- Heartbeats
Bon Iver- Holocene
Jonsi- Go Do
Jaymes Young- One Last Time
Josh Record- Bones
Kings of Leon- Closer
The 1975- Sex
Foo Fighters- Best Of You
Blink 182- I Miss You
The Killers- Mr. Brightside
MGMT- Kids
Robyn- Dancing On My Own
MNEK- Suddenly
Birdy- Wings
Jimmy Eat World- Hear You Me
Snow Patrol- Chasing Cars


No comments